scrobble.life
LeoFinance

$HIVE, $BTC & ETH/BTC Technical Analysis - 18.10.2026

Today I sat down to my desk, restarted my laptop, opened Tradingview, had a look at the $HIVE chart and asked myself if I want to do the analysis 😬 I haven't checked the chart since last week but I have seen my stake's USD value shrinking quite a bit, which can only indicate one thing. Anyway, it's part of the game when you're holding crypto.

image.png

On the monthly time frame, price is way below the monthly open and below the 200 SMA as well, which is not unexpected, if we look at the crypto market as a whole. We'll see when the monthly candle closes.

image.png

On the weekly time frame, after spending three weeks above the 200 SMA, it looks like this week price is going to close below it. There's a possibility for price to retest the weekly order block (OB) at $0.044. The interesting thing on this time frame is that the candle has no wicks on either side. It looks like price sold off starting from the open. Anyway, levels to watch are the OB and $0.0663 on the upside, if we get a reversal and enough momentum to reach it, by some miracle.

image.png

On the daily time frame, price lost the 200 SMA on Monday, closed below mid-range on Thursday and is retesting the bullish gap and 0.618 as we speak. This is a crucial level to hold, so a bounce here, or from inside the gap, after the gap has been rebalanced would be the ideal scenario.

Regaining mid-range, after which the 200 SMA as support is crucial, if we want bullish continuation on this time frame.

image.png

On the h4 time frame, price is retesting the order block and the 0.618 level. It is possible for price to spend some time in this area but it's a crucial level to hold.

If there's more weakness in the market, we could see $0.0434 retested, or we can get a bounce here and as I said at the previous time frame, reclaim mid-range and turn 200 SMA into support.

image.png

Interesting price action on $BTC. Price has already retested the 0.618 level and bounced back to mid-range, which is inside the support/resistance area. Decision time next week, price needs to make a move but I see weakness, so sweeping $79,750 looks likely from where I stand.

Levels to watch are $79,750 on the downside and if it doesn't hold, then the swing low could be next at $74,919, which is another support/resistance area. On the upside, if we get a bounce at some point, I'd keep an eye on $84,332.5, then swing high at $87,383.

image.png

Looks like after a long time, is going to close below the 200 SMA. It is approaching the swing low and if we don't get a bounce after sweeping $0.029815, it may reach the support/resistance area, which is crucial level to hold.

image.png

This is the economic calendar for next week. Do you need help to read it? let me know :)

Remember, technical analysis is not about forecasting price, but about reacting to what price does.

As always, this is a game of probabilities, not certainties. Also please note, this is not financial advice, it's my view and understanding of the market.

Do your own research, make your own decisions as you're taking the risk.

All charts posted here are screenshots from Tradinview.

Come trade with me on Bybit.

If you're a newbie, you may want to check out these guides:

Comments · 7

  • @hivebuzz(74)· 1d

    Congratulations @erikah! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain And have been rewarded with New badge(s)

    You have been a buzzy bee and published a post every day of the week.

    You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word STOP

  • @ogaaloysius(53)· 2d

    I completely relate to this. Sometimes, looking at the chart when you know the USD value is down feels like a chore. But like you said, that’s just part of the game.

    I’ve found that stepping away from the daily noise and just focusing on powering up and building is the best strategy. The monthly chart looks heavy right now, but we've seen it recover before.

    Do you think we retest that previous ATL before the next real move up?

  • @rishehri(58)· 2d

    Do you have any comments about the gold chart?

  • @databaron(62)· 2d

    The weekly candle with no wicks on either side is a telling detail, since it suggests sellers were in control from the open with no real attempt to defend. If the daily gap and the 0.618 fail to hold, do you see the $0.0434 area and the weekly order block near $0.044 as essentially one demand zone? It would be interesting to see whether HIVE's weakness is mostly BTC beta or whether HIVE/BTC is also breaking down.

  • @delirius(6)· 2d

    Ese detalle de la vela semanal sin mechas en ningún lado es raro de ver, tipo venta desde el open sin respiro. ¿El gap alcista del diario ya lo tenés marcado con el 0.618 o lo estás mirando recién ahora con la retest?

  • @kryptonita(71)· 2d

    La vela semanal sin mechas en ninguno de los dos lados es lo que más dice: venta desde la apertura, sin pelea. El OB en $0.044 coincide con el gap alcista y el 0.618 en diario, ahí se define si hay acumulación o seguimos cayendo. El volumen va a confirmar si ese rebote es real o solo aire.

  • Phenomenal charts and brutal honesty. Watching $HIVE and $BTC slip beneath the weekly 200 SMA is a textbook verification of the reality we operate in—the 'holding forever' illusion is just a mechanism to trap retail liquidity while algorithms filter the weak. Retesting the $0.044 OB on Hive and sweeping $79,750 on BTC are highly calculated moves. In a game of probabilities, trading by the corporate book won't save anyone; anticipating the dark rotation is how you survive.